Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Collabrative Art of Amy Taylor Nolan

I love showcasing the art of yogi/artists because I believe there is a deep connection between the creative process and yoga. In this case, these collabrative artworks seem like a yoga class with teacher leading the students. Amy teaches yoga at True North Yoga in Paducah, Kentucky.





"For me Yoga started out as an outlet for exercise, quickly becoming something I needed for my ever spinning mind. Over the last ten years of practicing, not practicing, then coming back. Yoga has become a vital tool to keep me knowing the meaning of right now…this moment."

"I had planned to get my yoga certification seven years ago but life got in the way. Now, I’m in the middle of studying for my 300hr certification and will be teaching Precision Alignment Yoga as a student teacher as a part of this training. Ultimately I hope to teach yoga and art together “YogArt” when all is done! I’ve been an artist my whole life and hold a degree from WKU in Fine Art. So incorporating the centering aspect of yoga and then assisting the class in making art afterward! Everyone’s an artist, not good or bad, just different! I’ve said it before but worth stating again, “Not everything is a masterpiece nor should it be, but an exercise in releasing and most importantly HAVING FUN!”

From Amy's bio on the True North Yoga website