Friday, January 20, 2012

Don't Post That Video


When that, which will continue to be unnamed 'yoga' video hit recently, I refused to post it because I found it exploitative of the yoga community.

I posted this on Facebook: "Classic, textbook advertising strategy designed to get maximum eyeballs and yammering from the target audience to impress a brand name on brains. Brilliantly staged and executed by the advertising agency to get a huge ROI. They knew exactly what they were doing and how the yoga community would play into their end game to get exposure for the ad for free."

To me this had nothing to do with all the chatter about the sex and art of it, but rather the exploitation of the yoga community by an advertiser. In any event, I was glad to see a couple of other bloggers thinking along these lines.

News Flash: It's an ad people from Bending over Backward

Nude yoga advertising: breaking the cycle from It's all yoga baby

Let the advertisers pay for placement of their ads.

Feel free to download and post the graphic if you see fit.

PS Yes, I'm guilty of this in the past but one can only try to move past their viral video obsessions...:)